Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Tudor Rose Earrings

The Tudor Rose earrings are the latest additions to my handmade jewelry collection, La Boheme Bijoux. The collection features jewelry inspired by the historical costumes in some of my favorite period films and television series. In this case, my visual inspiration comes from the film, "Shakespeare in Love" .

The historical inspiration for my design is the Tudor Rose of England. The Tudor rose takes its name and origin from the Tudor dynasty. It is symbolic of the co-joining of the House of York ( White rose) and the House of Lancaster (Red rose) by Henry Tudor when he brought an end to the War of the Roses. It is sometimes called the Union Rose. The traditional Tudor rose is usually depicted as a double rose with white on red.


My interpretation of the Tudor rose features vintage style dark silver filigree with sweet little aluminum roses in a rainbow of gorgeous colors. When I saw these lovely beads, it was love at first sight or as the French say, "coup de coeur" (to fall madly in love). I added a bit of sparkle with Swarovski crystals. The result - Tudor Rose Earrings.


All of my handmade jewelry designs start with the bead and end with what I hope to be beautiful vintage inspired baubles that compliment the modern wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment